Re: Is it a good practice to put <article>s inside <li>s?

Hi Ian.

W3C is quite clear
"The <article> tag specifies independent, self-contained content.
An article should make sense on its own and it should be possible to
distribute it independently from the rest of the site.
Potential sources for the <article> element:
Forum post
Blog post
News story"

The purpose of search results is to provide the user with access to
information relevant to the inputted search term. Each individual result
does not make sense out of context because readers will not know what the
search term was.

If you use the <article> tag in the situation you describe  you will make
your content less accessible (more confusing).

Regards
Richard