Re: Is it a good practice to put <article>s inside <li>s?

From: Ian Yang <ian@invigoreight.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:52:50 +0800
To: Userite <richard@userite.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Userite <richard@userite.com> wrote:

> Dear Ian,
>
> A search result is a list of relevant links  "TO ARTICLES".
>
> These list items may include images and summaries - but they are NOT the
> articles, they are links to the articles.
>
> When applying semantic structure you need to think about the purpose of each
> part of the page and the elements within it. The purpose of (most) search
> results is to offer the user links to what the engine's algorithms think are
> the most relevant pieces of information (articles). Extra information, such
> as abstracts or images, can be provided to help the user make the final
> choice.  If you use the <article> element in the results list you confuse
> your users into thinking that the list contains the full articles and that
> this is all the information they need.
>
> Regards
> Richard

Thanks Richard for your advises. But isn't <article> qualified for
both full articles and non-full articles (such as independent
content)?

And given that we don't use <article>s, it won't change the fact that
the content of each search result can be complicated. How would you
estimate the the accessibility?

Kind Regards,
Ian