Re: Current suggestion for subheading isn't accessible

From: Denis Boudreau <dboudreau@accessibiliteweb.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 11:43:14 -0400
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi again,

On 2013-05-07, at 11:35 AM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> probably a good place to start would be in ARIA you can suggest it on the wai-xtech mailing list

I'm confused.

On the one hand, I see people creating (or wanting to create) solutions based on aria all the time but on the other hand, I see people advocating to use native html whenever native html is available.

If we know and agree to the fact that we should always prioritize native html elements whenever we can, then why not create something that adresses this problem in html5 directly, rather than push it on the aria side of the fence?

/Denis