Re: Current suggestion for subheading isn't accessible

Hi Ian,

There still need to be an HTML element for subheading/subtitle,
> otherwise screen readers will never have a chance to know the
> subheading/subtitle.

since there is no defined subtitle role in accessibility APIs i suggest a
first step would be to see if there is interest in adding one.

probably a good place to start would be in ARIA you can suggest it on the
wai-xtech mailing list

 in the second example the album name is also on a new line (which is
>>  conveyed to screen reader users)

Could you please explain that? Do you mean screen reader users get
> notified of line breaks in HTML code?

screen readers discern line breaks in text on the page, also some browsers
(e.g. firefox) indicate the semantics of an element with display:block
style as IA2 role=paragraph.

--

Regards

SteveF