Re: Voiceover detection in JavaScript

From: Alastair Campbell <alastc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:15:49 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Steve Faulkner wrote:

> sounds like a nasty bug in VoiceOver that needs to be fixed.

I'm not so sure yet, it isn't as simple as text off-screen not being read,
there is something else going on.

I did a simple test case (http://alastairc.ac/testing/scrollable-div.html),
and even putting the div at the bottom of the page, VoiceOver/iOS didn't
have a problem with that.

However, on Bryan's page (http://whatsock.com/bootstrap/) it does indeed
have issues, where you get part-way off screen and it flips up to the top
of the page.

There is possible interference from scripts to do with scrolling offsets
though, there is a lot of stuff going on in here:
http://whatsock.com/bootstrap/js/modules/scrollable_div_generator.min.js

I'm not entirely sure what that's trying to achieve though?

-Alastair