From: Karen Lewellen [mailto:klewellen@shellworld.net]
Sent: Saturday, 15 December 2012 12:30 PM
To: Ramón Corominas
Cc: Michael Gower; David Hilbert Poehlman; W3C WAI ig
Subject: Re: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

what an interesting and limited concept.
how valuable standards that do not Foster choice and flexibility, working
within the reality of many if not most of those for whom they are written?

the end user is likely going to decide if something is modern based on if it
works for them.  There are people, even companies still using ms word from
2003 for example.
If I can as I have this afternoon visit without issue major news sites, New
York times, la times, USA today, wall street journal etc...using lynx, then
it is Modern enough for me.
I see you have left e-links and links off your list of non-modern browsers,
the other two I referenced.  lynx the cat as I shared now has an option that
can work at least with some script buttons etc.
However if the standards are not 100% uniformly adopted and applied, than
your definition is largely rooted in your opinion which is perfectly fine.
I am not using your computer, and you are not using any of mine....which
equals choice.
Projecting that opinion where may be where the danger lies.  I prefer choice
over informing anyone living a circumstance that I is not my own that they
are using backward anything.
  Karen