Re: is javascript considered good wacg 2.0 practice?

what an interesting and limited concept.
how valuable standards that do not Foster choice and flexibility,
working within the reality of many if not most of those for whom they are
written?

the end user is likely going to decide if something is modern based on if
it works for them.  There are people, even companies still using ms word
from 2003 for example.
If I can as I have this afternoon visit without issue major news sites, New York
times, la times, USA today, wall street journal etc...using lynx, then it
is Modern enough for me.
I see you have left e-links and links off your list of non-modern browsers,
the other two I referenced.  lynx the cat as I shared now has an option that
can work at least with some script buttons etc.
However if the standards are not 100% uniformly adopted and applied, than
your definition is largely rooted in your opinion which is perfectly fine.
I am not using your computer, and you are not using any of mine....which
equals choice.
Projecting that opinion where may be where the danger lies.  I prefer
choice over informing anyone living a circumstance that I is not my own
that they are using backward anything.
  Karen