Re: changing presentation of links

Just a passing thought here guys:
In complex prose content that has lots of cross referencing links I find
that underlining compromises readability.
I have gone so far as to find the Firefox option that allows me to remove
the underlining, and if I want,  I can subdue the colour difference as
well. Bliss!
Is it acceptable to consider the context of use and to distinguish the
difference between links as part of the main navigation panel and links
within the main content text?
Suzette

--
Suzette Keith
Usability and Accessibility Consultant: requirements gathering and