Re: Contrast ratio 4.5:1 applies to rollovers?

On 23 October 2012 07:22, Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:55:29 +0200, Samantha Bird <sbird@nmqa.com> wrote

> typically text in a rollover state is actually the most important text on
>>> a page at that moment. So no exception would apply, and it is actually
>>> extra important that something being highlighted is clear enough to read.

Hi Samantha
I agree with Chaals, and here's an actual example of how a poorly
implemented onfocus event caused a text entry field, used for filtering
content on the page to become unusable:

A developer decided that the onfocus text colour on an input field, should
be changed to approx 60% black (from 100%) and that the onfocus background
colour of pale yellow, was too insipid and changed it to pale blue-smoke
colour.

For many people this was only an irritation, as they had to strain their
eyes a bit to ensure they had typed the words in correctly.

One of our users, who has more serious problems coping with low contrast
levels, was unable to read the text he was typing in.

The net result was that he resorted to typing the query into notepad, then
copying and pasting into the text entry field.

Regards, Harry