Re: Recursive Links in menu bars

On 9/16/12, Walter Dolce <walterdolce@gmail.com> wrote:

> An other reason, maybe for "technical" is: because the user is already in
> that page he/she don't need (and/or maybe for market or whatever reasons
> don't have) to re-click to re-open the same page. This could have at least
> two benefits:
>
> 1) Saving bandwitdh.
> 2) If the user has a slow connections, he/she don't have to wait to re-go
> on the same page (maybe he/she mistakenly clicked).

Speaking from the vantage point of someone with rapidly degenerating
cognition AND who is at extreme poverty level low income, you nailed
my personal experiences several times over here..

Cognitively speaking, I have numerous times run circles clicking a
link for a webpage I don't (cognitively) recognize/register I'm
already on..

Speaking as a low income dialup user, I have had to do exactly what is
described and that is to sit and wait.... and wait.... and wait for
the social networking coded/link heavy page I was already on to
reload.. Out of frustration after it happens a few times on any given
site, I have more than a few times gone surfing somewhere else for
whatever information I may have been seeking at the time..

As also stated, whoever owns the webpage I've just repeatedly reloaded
is suffering that additional load on their server, however large or
small that load may be depending on the site owner's web developer
abilities.. :)

Just thinking out loud.. Warmest wishes from North Georgia.. :)

Cindy-Sue

- :: -
Cindy-Sue Causey
http://BackyardPishing.blogspot.com