Re: Accessibility st AFB.org's AccessWorld

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:11:47 +0200, GF Mueden@ <gfmueden@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Thank you, Chaas.  Close but no cigar.   The needs of those with limited
> visual fields are not met by full screen width accessibility.

Ah, sorry, I'd misunderstood the requirement :)

> They need a narrow column.

Right.

> That calls for pulling in the margins and having word wrap within those
> margins.  This can be done, is in wide use, but is it covered in the
> guidelines?

Not easily. As close as you get directly is:

1.4.8 Visual Presentation: For the visual presentation of blocks of text,
a mechanism is available to achieve the following: (Level AAA)
[...]
   2. Width is no more than 80 characters or glyphs (40 if CJK).

which isn't necessarily enough. :(

Time to raise an issue for WCAG 3?

Cheers

--