Re: Using ARIA in HTML

Hi James, thanks!

I have rephrased the header to:

'Should authors explicitly define Default ARIA semantics? '

>Does a NO here mean it doesn't use the default semantics? If so, what does
that even mean?

the meaning is defined in the table legend (above table)

   - *NO* = the default semantics are already implemented by browsers, so
   the default implied role, state or property associated with an element or
   attribute does not need to be used. There are notes indicating under
   certain circumstances default semantics are useful.
   - *N/A* = there are no default ARIA semantics, but there may well
be accessibility
   AP <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html>I
   semantics implemented by the browser.
   - *Yes* = the default semantics are not implemented across browsers, so
   the default implied role, state, property, or suggested semantics (if no
   ARIA default) may be used.

hope that is clearer now.

regards
Stevef