Re: Background/Intro for Academic Affairs/Professionals

I'm new to accessible designing, so I don't have much information or
background on the subject. But as for tips, I would say validate,
validate, validate.

I recently found a site that checks for accessibility, among other
things. Obviously, it's not perfect, and you need to check by hand as
well, but it has caught a number of accessibility problems that I
missed.

http://www.powermapper.com/products/sortsite/checks/web-standards.htm

Best of luck!