RE: Text-to-speech feature: a real help ?

I have never heard of any study that I would consider complete enough to
use as a reference.   this subgroup is so diverse and scattered that just
finding a representative sample would be very very difficult.
and because the technology is changing so rapidly the study might be out
of date by the time it is published.

however I suspect and from my own personal experience have found that
assitive tech users tend to be more stable in their tech use and upgrade
only, when what they are comfortable with is unusable by their current
technology.

Bob