Re: approval

boaz sasson wrote:

> To know if your site is accessible it needs to be checked against the
> checklist, this is something you can do alone, or hire a consultant like
> me to do.

The checklist doesn't tell you whether it is accessible, only whether it
passes a certain level of the WCAG guidelines.  Even then, I believe
there are still a lot of subjective items in the checklist, and there
should be.

To find out if it is actually accessible, you need to find people with
lots of different disabilities and perform a usability survey on them,
allowing them to use their own browsers and any assistive technology
that they use.  You should also include people who don't claim any
disability, because a site that is not easy to use by "normal" users is
not really accessible.

There is no, simple, prescriptive, formula for determining accessibility.

--
David Woolley