*From:* Ian Sharpe [mailto:isforums@manx.net]
*Sent:* Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:48 AM
*To:* accessible@googlegroups.com
*Cc:* 'free-aria'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; 'WebAIM Discussion List'
*Subject:* RE: If you use the WAI-ARIA role "application", please do so
wisely!

Hi Dominic

I've used the ARIA role="application" on the body element of a web page in
which I want all control of the keyboard handled by the page itself, not
the screen reader. This works perfectly on FF and IE using NVDA, but Chrome
just ignores it and NVDA continues to handle keyboard events.

Can you confirm that Chrome does implement this role correctly and expose
the necessary information to screen readers? I believe NVDA doesn't have
such good support for the web-kit browsers and particularly Chrome, as it
does for FF and IE, but also believe this is in part because Chrome is a
little behind these browsers in exposing the necessary information.

Cheers

Ian