Re: Accessible content management system

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 00:10:56 +0930, Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:

>   Hi WAI IG folks,
>
> I want to take the opportunity of this thread to remind you about ATAG -
> Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines. ATAG covers content management
> systems (CMS).
> ATAG 1.0 has been around for 10+ years. ATAG 2.0 is available as a
> complete Working Draft -- while some points might change, it's pretty
> settled and usable now. ATAG is introduced in:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag.php
>
> Actions you can take:

One of the most useful things you can do is to review the tools you use
for conformance to ATAG 2.0

Note that this is a bunch of work, and the sort of thing that a framework
for doing collaboratively would help (both in spreading understanding of
ATAG and in raising vendor awareness by seeing themselves being rated).
But it is extremely valuable to have unbiased openly available reviews,
rather than endless discussions like this one which are generally fairly
impressionistic rather than based on careful analyses that no individual
had the time to do completely.

IMHO

cheers