From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Evans
Sent: 04 August 2011 07:52
To: flybynight
Cc: 'Terry Dean'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Accessible content management system

Hi all,

Just a very small contribution, as I don't use CMS at all:

> As does Plone which also looks very good.

Is this true? I have not used Plone from the developer point of view, but a
website which I visit regularly uses Plone. If I feed pages frmo that
website to the W3C HTML validator they fail -- only a couple of relatively
minor errors, but nonetheless I (naively?) would hope that a CMS which
aspires to serve accessible content will at least provide valid content.

As a side issue, which you're probably all aware of, no CMS could ever
guarantee accessibilty on its own. For example, a (plone-based) site I have
used chose red on green as its colour scheme; ignoring that fact that
red/green colour-blindness (very common) would render the page unusable!

Phil

--
-------------------------

Phil Evans,
Swift Development Scientist
X-ray and Observational Astronomy Group, University of Leicester

Tel: +44 (0)116 252 5059
Mobile: +44 (0)7780 980240
pae9@star.le.ac.uk
http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~pae9