Re: Microsoft PowerPoint accessibility

Phil
I had a project in which I had to convert large volumes of PowerPoints into
an HTML-based solution a couple of years ago, and discovered that text
contained in the master template text zones were rendered out fairly true to
the headings/normal text styles as sequential text. Any blocks of text or
images that overlaid a page (i.e., not part of the master text block zones),
were often ignored or placed in a position where it may have been out of
context.

Thus:
If the Master templates are used for placing text and images, without blocks
of text, etc being pasted/nested on top, a text-equivalent version is more
than reasonably accessible. (Assuming of course that all multi-media items
have been given 'ALT' treatment, i.e., text equivalents have been provided.

Kind regards
Harry