Re: high contrast and background images

On 6/12/10, Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au> wrote:

> I have come across and interesting problem with background images. Some
> sites use a background (CSS) image for the main banner at the top and this
> sometimes contains navigation items. When you select the High Contrast
> option with Windows XP and Windows 7 it appears that background images are
> not displayed with Internet Explorer or Firefox, but are displayed with
> Opera. Love other opinions about how this stands accessibility-wise.

Have been WAY out of the loop the last couple of years so apologies as
this won't be very technical......

Had a whole other blurb written then realized it was better put by saying:

A thoughtfully-designed site would not be depending solely on those
images for its navigation.. Such a website would barely, if at all,
blink if its images were removed..

Think "Naked CSS Day" (CSS Naked Day?).. The whole point of that
activity is to encourage people to turn off their style sheets and
discover glitches exactly such as you describe.. Had that webmaster
done so and been able to successfully correct what is occurring, we
wouldn't even be chatting..

If this had been something I had encountered myself, eventually all
involved, meaning the webmaster AND the various software providers,
would receive respective advocacy relative to their product..

Just My Humble Opinion..

Back in the saddle from Talking Rock..

Cindy Sue :)

- :: -
Celebrating Disability Independent Living!

http://www.facebook.com/ametrinebutterfly
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA