Re: Order of items on form

Hi Victoria,

My first try as a keyboard user (no mouse) works well, the only anoyance is
that in the first section, if I select either the of the first UN options, I
am still taken to the "please specify" box even though I have selected one
of the first two options. However this is a minor niggle as I can ether
leave it blank, or mention the department I work for (I assume your form
processing system will cope with this).

When using Jaws screen reader (monitor turned off) I managed well until I
got the final section about participation. Again it is a bit of a niggel -
but I did not initially realise that I had the option of a full (4 day)
workshop or could select individual days, it would have been better if the
fieldset legend had told me that I had a choice. However I managed to go
back and deselect the full workshop OK and then select just one or two days.
Whilst in this section I had to leave forms mode to spell out thursdays
topic "WAI-RIA" as it did not make sense in audio. I got a little confused
because you have used ten spaces (&nbsp code) to format this section and I
thought I had pressed the wrong button. It would be better if you used CSS
to position the labels rather than hard coded spaces.

I assume that users arrive at the form page from a clear link, so it is good
that I get taken straight to the form using the keyboard (avoiding all the
navigation stuff because you have sensibly written the code for this at the
end of the page).

So it appears to meet all the WAI gudelines and is easy to use with a screen
reader or text-only browser. As far as HTML code is concerned it validates
OK - but you have some XHTML backslashes ending the input elements, these
are best avoided.

Regards
Richard Warren
www.userite.com