RE: Question about Headings (Succesion Criteria 1.3.1, 2.4.1, 2.4.6, and 2.4.10)

Aha.

There is a confusion here.  All of the 'Volumes' listed below would be
(should be) at the same level of heading. The use of "which" heading is
open to discussion, but what you *should* have is something more like
this:

(<h 1>the Entire Collection "Name" [sic]</h1>)

<h 2>Volume 1</h2>

<h 2>Volume 2</h2>

<h 2>Volume 3</h2>
<h 2>Volume 4</h2>

<h 2>Volume 5</h2>

<h 2>Volume 6</h2>

<h 2>Volume 7</h2>

<h 2>Volume 8</h2>

.and further, if required:

<h 2>Volume 1</h2>

    <h 3>Topic 1 of Volume 1</h3>

    <h 3>Topic 2 of Volume 1</h3>

    <h 3>Topic 3 of Volume 1</h3>

<h 2>Volume 2</h2>

    <h 3>Topic 1 of Volume 2</h3>

    <h 3>Topic 2 of Volume 2</h3>

    <h 3>Topic 3 of Volume 2</h3>

.etc.

This hierarchal structure is extremely important for overall document
comprehension and is also used (aggressively) by screen reading technology
to facilitate inter-page navigation.

HTH

JF

John  Foliot