Re: Text links 2.4.4 with PDF's (Sample document) (and one link or multiple links to the destination)

Please take a look at http://www.illinois.gov/gov/intopportunities.htm#dunn. It states the size of the document and the file type. I was advised if I link to this page, their accessibility status "does not matter". I was advised I need to duplicated file type in my text link. However, today I saw at http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-refs.html H30, Example 5. It allows users to emphasize the file type in an alt tag, but  G189 at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G189 requires users to emphasizes the file type.

I was advised if I do not comply with G189, I would have an illegal website. My boss is against G189, but is for H30, because H30 does not require a visible change in the text links.

When I adopted G189, I adopted C7, hiding text links. Furthermore, I was advised that the use of C7 was illegal for this scenario.

Can I use H30 and ignore G189?

Also, the "acutal State website" I linked used to have one PDF. They split their PDF into three PDF's and a ZIP.

Scenaro A: Today Pay Quinn has four PDF's on the page I sent to you.

Scenario B:  "If" their internship forms two years ago was only one PDF, and "if WCAG 2 was the rule, not 1.0", what would be required for based on 2.4.4 for PDF's for downloable documents?

Reason: The actual state site I am linking to split one PDF onto multiple PDF's.

Does this mean that my page requires me to have multiple text links for each PDF, or is there a workaround? (example of one possible workaround is to link to, http://www.illinois.gov/gov/intopportunities.htm#dunn)

Gregg and Loretta, they (Phil, Richard, Andrew, and others from w3c-wai-ig@w3,org) cannot reach an agreement on this issue.

Each has their own opinion.

Can each of you cc each other privately with Gregg and Loretta in the string until conseus is achieved, or Gregg can you terminate these individiduals from membership?