Re: Resize Text 1.4.4

Hi,

At 18:49 6/08/2009, W Reagan wrote:
>One last question. Please take a look at
><http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html>http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html.
>Statement #2 "Ensuring that text containers resize when the text
>resizes". What does this mean? How can I test it?

Some layouts use columns that don't "grow" when text is resized. This
results in columns that are very narrow compared to the text size,
and spans of texts (usually long words or URLs) that are wider than
the column in which they are supposed to fit (which can result in
overlapping text and/or different colour contrast for the text that
sticks out of the column).

 From the developer's point of view, flexible or "fluid" layouts can
work around this problem. From the user's point of view, zooming (as
opposed to merely resizing text) also avoids this problem, but some
older browsers can only resize text (Internet Explorer 6 and older,
Firefox 3 and older, etcetera). Currently, you can't assume that all
visitors have a browser that supports zooming.

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe