Re: JavaScript and Screen Readers

David Dorward wrote:

> Most of the accessibility issues relating to it are caused by the way
> programs written in JS manipulate the DOM (which is a set of W3C

I would argue that most of the problems lie in the manipulation of the
browser object model, which has never been standardised by W3C (although
the HTML5 people may be doing it).

> recommendations), and work is already underway to improve things there

W3C has never standardised things like document.write on the current
document, and I don't believe it has standardised InnerHTML.  A lot of
what it has standardised is rejected by the market in favour of the
aforementioned constructs.  (W3C's model does permit document.write, but
only where a complete document is produced, not for load time
interpolation of content.)

--
David Woolley