Re: Major UK Bank

Andy Laws wrote:

> in new windows, etc. they will not listen to my company's view point
> when we are a w3c member and have created many stunning assessable
> sites, they also have a page laying out there accessibility policy.
> which is basically all lies. i feel very uncomfortable doing this, could

You'll find similar situations with corporate culture statements.
Unless there is unusually strong management commitment, the lower
echelons will do what they think needs to be done to stay employed, not
what the policy is.  The policy may be political anyway, like fire
precautions (it's a criminal offence to jam fire doors open, but most
organisations tolerate it), or data protection, etc.

> any body please advise me on how i can reason with these people,

You need to consult a lawyer to find out whether you can escape from
your contract with only acceptable losses.  Generally your choice is do
what the customer wants, or get out of the contract.

The only other option is to find some organisation that is sympathetic
with you and has board level contacts with the company.

Incidentally, I think it is unwise to complain about a customer in public.

--
David Woolley