Re: webcast accessibility - help me :-)

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:45:03 +0200, Jackir ASSAN ALY
<jassanaly@ipedis.com> wrote:

> I am a Web Accessibility Consultant and I have a doubt about checkpoints
> 1.3 and 1.4 of the WCAG 1.0.
>
> 1/ Imagine we have a recorded audio/video track on a webpage.
> 2/ This audio/video track is synchronised with a slide show.
> 3/ The content of this audio/video track are comments about the slide
> show
> (these comments correspond to the content of the slide show).
> 4/ Moreover, this slide show is available on PDF format.
>
> Note: This webpage has been tested by a blind person who did not
> encounter any problems to listen the track.

(That's helpful, but ahs no effect on conformance - one blind person might
be very clever, or have a particularly complicated estup not available to
most users, or something).

> So, regarding the checkpoints 1.3 and 1.4 of the WCAG 1.0, can we
> consider that this webpage is valid  ?

You haven't synchronised the text content, so you cannot claim conformance
to 1.4. (presumably the PDF content includes the text of the comments).

The audio, which comments on the slides (assuming it is clear from the
audio what the slides are) can probably be considered to meet 1.3

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com