Re: Google Accessible Search

I have only have a quick look at the new 'Accessible Search' but one of
the first things I do is to check the code. I feel that they have made
no effort with providing standards-compliant code on the results page.
Another item missed is the spelling correction option 'Did you mean' as
per the standard Google search, i.e.:

    * http://www.google.com/u/accessible?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&cx=accessible%21&q=Accesiblity+for+teh+web&btnG=Search
    * http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Accesiblity+for+teh+web&btnG=Google+Search

I would be interested in what user testing they have conducted and how
it complies with current standards/guidelines.

--
Stefen Cook
Web Developer - Accessibility and Standards

  Email: stefen@cwa.co.nz
  Phone: +64 4 382 6500
    DDI: +64 4 382 6520
    Fax: +64 4 382 6509
 Postal: PO Box 19090, Wellington, New Zealand
Website: www.cwa.co.nz

The information contained in this mail message is confidential and may
also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
note that any use, dissemination, further distribution, or reproduction
of this message in any form whatsoever, is strictly prohibited.  If the
mail is in error, please notify me by return email, delete your copy of
the message, and accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.