RE: linked list alternative to nested menus

At 11:43 AM 3/10/2006, Colin Lieberman wrote:

>Without commenting on the merits of your scheme, I would suggest you
>reconsider how you are describing it.
>
>"Linked List" is a fairly specific sort of construction in Computer Science,
>(which you can read about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_list)
>that specifically refers to chained data types.

Thanks, Colin.  Yes, I'm aware of what a linked list is and was using
the term consciously and I suppose as a kind of obscure geeky pun.

While it's true that each HTML UL is itself not a linked list, I see
the relationship between a parent menu item and its sub-menu as being
that of a singly-linked list.

The particular list structure I'm describing doesn't happen to be
mentioned in the wikipedia article, one in which in the overall list
each node (UL) actually contains several child nodes (LIs), each of
which links independently to its own NEXT node (UL), and so on down the chain.

If referring to this as a type of linked list is incorrect I
apologize and await further illumination.

Warm regards,
Paul