Re: LIFT Text Transcoder

Phill Jenkins wrote:

> So, is there anything wrong for a company to offer a dynamically text
> generated page - not in my mind. In fact, it may offers functionality to
> users who don't have the functionality on their client.

This begs the question: who are the users that require a pure text-only
version? Specifically: which users who don't have access to a text-only
browser or screen reader / brailler need a text-only version?

Are they using lynx because they're in a DOS environment? In this
scenario, their use of lynx would not be by choice, and - all other
things being equal - the server-generated page, viewed through lynx,
would give no additional benefit (it may even be worse).

Forgive me if I'm missing the obvious answer, but I can't come up with a
scenario...

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/