Re: Unified Web Evaluation Methodology (UWEM) version 0.5

Hi Carlos,

I'm happy to see that your group is trying to develop a unified method of
evaluating web content for accessibility.

It appears that many, if not all, of the HTML tests used in your methodology
are similar to the tests in the W3C test suite. I wonder if we could
coordinate our efforts and come up with a single test suite. Or perhaps we
could create a document that maps the one test suite to the other.

For example, your WAB test "1.1_HTML_01" seems to map to W3C tests:

all image elements have an alt attribute
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test1.html
all area elements have an alt attribute
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test64.html
all input elements, type of image, have an alt attribute
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test58.html

There are a few differences but I think we could sort them out.

Comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris