RE: Complex table

Hi Budy,

I'd been meaning to improve my understanding of using the headers attribute,
so I've built up your image in the attatched XHTML.

I've not run it through any Assistive Technologies but Assistive
Technologies should make use the semantic markup.

Markup description
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First row:
 * Not really tabular data - Take out of the table and mark up as a title,
then some definitions.

Second, third, and data rows:
 * As Sebastiano suggests - "use id and headers to create a relationship
between th and td cells, colspan to "embrace" child cells"

Last row:
 * Not really tabular data - Take out of the table and mark up as more
definitions
 * The sheet number doesn't really fit the definition approach, so it's just
a paragraph. (Although perhaps, for a HTML page, it would be better in a
page footer generated by CSS when printing.)

Obviously, this could be made to look more pleasing using CSS.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Balch.          | Web developer.
T: +44 (0)1865 280979 | Technology-Assisted Lifelong Learning.

TALL, OUDCE and the University of Oxford accept no legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those
of the author and not those of TALL, or OUDCE, or the University of Oxford.
If this email has come to you in error please delete it and any attachments