Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 10:53:35AM -0500, david poehlman wrote:

> In the liniar approach, we would easily split the page into areas and
> provide the ability for all to see who wanted to see them the ability to
> directly access the area of interest.

How? ... with internal links pointing to the relevent bit of
content. Sounds like a skip link to me.

> We could even have one page for nav and a link to that page on each
> other page.

Users have grown to expect site navigation on each page. I suspect
that throwing that out would have huge, negative usability
implications.

> So then, my proposal for copywriting is that we start from the beginning and
> copyright not for screen readers but for all.

I've been approaching this thread as a Lynx user, skip links are for all.