Re: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

On 17 Feb, david poehlman wrote:

> reader users. Skip Nav is a retro fit technique and as such, is some
> times necessary but it should be done correctly if it is done at all.
>  If you are designing a new site though, it should not be necessary

  But why *not*?

  Personally - bein' as I am fully sighted - I find "skip to
  content" (when navigation is listed first) or even "skip to
  navigation" (when navigation is listed last) *very* useful mechanisms
  to have.

  My UA, after all, can't know where I want to go today.

> and especially should not be copyrighted for screen readers in any
> event because as has been pointed out by others than my self, blind

  It shouldn't be copywrited period - there are far too many languages
  and ways of writing things for any group to start dictating content.

   [+46] 0708 557 905