Re: looking for an accessible data table:

>On 17 Feb, ADAM GUASCH wrote:
>
>> There are clearly some very different versions of Lynx out there -
>> that is not even remotely how it renders for me. I get it as:
>
>  My example was using 2.8.5rel7 - did you try increasing the window
>  size, or decreasing the font size?

Increasing the window size to full-screen at 1152x864 did nothing. When
I also reduced the font size, I was able to get a decent table display.
Unfortunately, that made it difficult for me to read (I'm somewhat
nearsighted, with glasses my vision is corrected to near normal). Trying
various combinations of window size and font size shows that it will
render properly if, and only if, there's enough space for it to do so,
which with a table of many columns is difficult and requires a very
small font.

I also tried dropping out of X and running lynx directly from a
text-only console. I'm not exactly sure about how wide the display is,
but I get 120+ characters, and it failed to render properly.

I'm not sure how it would work with a screen reader, since I don't have
one on this machine, and don't have lynx on the computer that does have
a screen reader, but I suspect it wouldn't work well.

The e-links browser allows horizontal scrolling. I have no idea how
well this works with a screen reader, if it works at all.