Re: WCAG formalization (rewriting WCAG HTML techniques as automatable rules)

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Hi Vicente, this is interesting work. I think that you have misinterpreted
> some of the WCAG - for example "No abbreviation or acronym should be defined
> more than once" is not what the relevant checkpoint means.

I know. The "uniqueness" property is only a part of what should be
checked. It is not the full condition (which requires human judgement).
It is only a subcondition that, at least, can be checked automatically.

> Unfortunately (from my perspective) the WCAG group has not been very open to
> helping clarify how the WCAG should be interpreted. I hope that this will
> change somewhat, as work like yours starts to make it important.

Let's cross our fingers ;-)

> You should consider announcing it to the Evaluation and Repair Tools working
> group.

I have tried, but suscription will last several days. I saw that you
forwarded it, but most of my message was missing.

Cheers.