Fw: FW: Skip navigation in WCAG-2

Hello Jamal,

You wrote:
>I ask anyone suggesting the abandonment of skip navigation coding to
>propose a reliable solution for user agents.  My current view is that
>WCAG should, in fact, go further in this area by recommending a
specific
>HTML or XHTML code that a user agent can look for.  This would help
>automate the skip navigation task, providing smoother, more productive
>web surfing for people with visual disabilities.

In xhtml 2.0 the nl -element is introduced for navigation lists.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-list.html#sec_11.2

"The nl element

Attributes
The Common collection
A collection of other attribute collections, including: Core, Events,
I18N, Bi-directional, Edit, Embedding, Map, Metainformation, and
Hypertext

Navigation lists are intended to be used to define collections of
selectable items for presentation in a "navigation" menu. A navigation
list is required to start with a label element that defines the label
for the list."

Perhaps user agents should have built in a possibility that
automatically asks the user to skip this list and go to the content of
the site, meeting this element?

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat