RE: HTML Table Markup

> I was not aware that consensus about using this markup to determine
> table type had been reached.

Yes, my wording was not quite right. Let me try again...

We agreed that data tables must use TH elements and that layout tables cannot
use TH elements.

You determine the table type using the definitions supplied by the techniques
doc.

So further...

If a data table, as determined by the definitions, does not contain TH
elements then it is improperly marked.

If a layout table does contain TH elements then it is improperly marked.

This is the way things are now in the techniques and test suite. If you
disagree then please comment (but please check the mail archive and minutes
for previous dicsussion first.)

I am trying to be as clear as possible so sorry for the ambiguity.

Cheers,
Chris