From: PRESTON Scott [mailto:SPreston1@covansys.com]
Sent: 20 August 2004 15:31
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: The Problem with WCAG (was RE: CSS Techniques for WCAG 2.0)

Law suites are important to business, but you can't protect yourself against everything, you can only perform due diligence. If in court I can show that I took due diligence your law suite will fail.

The question here is what constitutes due diligence? A set of fuzzy, unquantifiable guidelines that are subject to interpretation do more to harm accessibility than they do to assist it. As clients will not understand what it means and then the standards will get ignored...

VirusChecked for the Incepta Group plc

VirusChecked for the Incepta Group plc