RE: PDF in WCAG 2

Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:
> John Foliot wrote:
> The WAI, WCAG, etc. is concerned about making *HTML based
> content* universally accessible.  Period.

John, can you clarify a bit here?  I'm not 100% certain whether you are
suggesting that WAI/WCAG are currently just concerned with HTML-based
content or if they _should_ only be concerned with doing this.

Accessible or not yet, there is more to the web than HTML.  If someone
develops "foo", a large portion of the computer world goes along with it
despite accessibility issues, and HTML falls to the wayside, the
WAI/WCAG needs to be there.

I agree with Andrew.  One of the key requirements for WCAG 2.0 is that
the guidelines and success criteria be applicable across a broad range
of technologies used to create Web content, including but certainly not
limited to HTML.

John Slatin