link rel/rev (was Re: Breadcrumbs (and some ideas on how to))

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles McCathieNevile"
[snip]
> <link rev="section" href="myparent" title="immmediate parent document
>  of  this one" />
> <link rev="subsection" href="myGparent" title="grandparent document
>  of  this one" />
> <link rel="start" href="home" title="home page for this breadcrumb
>  trail" />

This is probably taking the discussion outside of the realm of
accessibility,
and more into the area of interpretation of standards (and if that's the
case
I apologise, and I promise to promptly shut up), but:

shouldn't the first two links be rel rather than rev? If I understand the
spec
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.1.2 correctly, rel
defines how the linked document relates to the current one, while rev
defines how the current document relates to the linked one.

Patrick (and yes, I do have a life outside of divining meaning out of the
often cryptic words of the w3c specifications, in spite of my nitpickings
of late on this list)