Re: NVU, child of Mozilla Composer (Windows & Linux)

23 Jun 2004 17:24:52 -0700, Matt May wrote :

 > On Jun 23, 2004, at 2:39 PM, Steven Dale wrote:
 > > Looks like there is no interest based upon the brief responses. :(

Ah. Is this a world where brief and concise means "no" ? I don't
think so. Both Tom (who sent the reply you criticize above) and I do
care about accessibility, in particular in Authoring Tools. Tom's answer
was quite easy to understand IMHO : "you are accessibility experts, we are
not; help us and we'll do our best". Fairly acceptable, n'est-il pas ?

 > There is interest among the Nvu developers. Fortunately, it comes from
 > the lead developer.
 >
 > Nvu is funded (at least in part) by Lindows, whose CTO responded to
 > Geoff. But it's developed by Disruptive Innovations, and I have a
 > promise from the lead developer that he will attend an upcoming
 > Authoring Tools WG face-to-face meeting. So all hope is not lost. There
 > is plenty of time to get accessibility-related fixes into Nvu, and more
 > opportunities for incremental improvements than we often get in the
 > typical 18-month development cycle for shrinkwrapped software.

Absolutely. Only my summer vacations prevented me from attending, even by IRC
or telephone, your last meeting in Hellerup.

</Daniel>
--
ps: chaals, I owe you some money or what ?-))))