Re: Accessible web content services.

On 28 Jul, Cheryl D Wise wrote:

> Isn't that what GAWDS - Guild of Accessible Web Designers is attempting to
> do? http://gawds.org

  To be honest - I have no idea. However, the need for a trusted root
  organization still applies.

  The very first step must be for someone all parties can put their
  trust in to step forward. The W3C might be a good solution.
  However: sooner or later someone will end up on a Good Practicioners
  List, take a job, and botch it. Those who hired them will then scream
  bloody murder, and blaim the List.

  I don't see the W3C or anyone else sticking their necks out on this
  one. It's not a fun thing to be the one people trust in, when that
  trust can be broken by others over whom you have no control.

  GAWS was, however, an interesting link to have. I would like to
  understand their position on "Following WAI recommendations where
  appropriate" though.

   [+46] 0708 557 905