Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

At 21:25 2004-03-23, David Woolley wrote:
> > nl, es-MX, es-*. Once this had been set up it should just be a matter
> of which
> > log-in the are using. It's setting it up in the first place that needs
>
>Let's stress this point.  Much of the configuration on modern browsers is
>per user,  not per system, so there was no real conflict between these
>two users as they should get different configurations.
>
>It is only when you go deeper into language configuration on Windows XP
>that you start hitting commercial limits.

Again, there are unwarranted assumptions here. First, that they are
actually using a Windows version that allows easy switching between
different users (and especially that they are using XP); and secondly that
they even know they _can_ set up different users, each with their own
configuration.

Technically, yes, it's possible they can have two different users, and each
set up their own language preference in the browser. In practice, many
people don't know such options exist, let alone how to use them.

Cheers,
--
Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/ - Extensions, Tips and Tools