From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 8:35 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: WAI Interest Group
Subject: Re: Registration for WAI Interest Group meeting following CSUN
2004, and related WAI events at CSUN

Well, the W3C servers were moved over the weekend, so there were some
interruptions to service. And I understand some people have found the
meeting registration process complex. (But a lot of
non-english-speaking spaniards managed it for the Madrid event, so it
isn't impossible). I'm pretty sure there is a feedback address for the
meeting registration system - and if you don't tell them what is
difficult you can be almost certain it won't get fixed <grin/>.

With respect to the meeting itself Sidar believes that this notice is
too late to be helpful - California isn't close to most of the US, and
is a long way from most of the world. We understand that this group is
not a formal working group, and that it should not therefore be so high
on WAI priorities, but we feel that participation here is important to
accessibility, and so the opportunity to plan for the occasional event
is important to the people here. We hope that in future more timely
notice (even if it has to warn that plans may change) will be provided,
and that meetings will occur with a more even global distribution.

cheers

Chaals

Mike Burks said:
Thank you to the folks who sent me the note about the meeting.

What I find interesting is others did not receive it either and I find
it
quite difficult to register...

Odd.

On 15 Mar 2004, at 08:09, Judy Brewer wrote:

> Dear WAI Interest Group Participants:
>
> For WAI participants who are attending the CSUN 2004 Conference in Los
> Angeles, please note that our traditional post-CSUN WAI Interest Group
> meeting will be held on Saturday 20 March, from 3:00pm to 6:30pm.
> Pre-registration is required, so that we know how many people to
> expect at the WAI Interest Group meeting.
[etc]