Re: Joe wrote: "There is no plan of action available to you in order to accommodate learning-disabled visitors"

Kynn,

kind of you to note the connection between DHTML and LD, which I had
failed to identify myself.
Certainly Joe's book is well written, and on topic. It was possibly
'about' accessibility rather than a 'howto'.
My preferred learning style is project based, so there weren't nearly
enough code samples or links in the text for me.
In any case it is a useful text.

thanks

On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, at 09:15  pm, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, at 01:10 PM, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>> It is amply evident that Joe did not research this aspect of his
>> book. He also has not quoted any 'expert' and in all probability
>> cannot find anyone knowledgeable to sustain his description.
>
> I use Joe's book in my Web accessibility techniques class (which is the
> second of two accessibility classes; the first class uses the Glasshaus
> book), but this is one of several cases in which Joe's book is
> deficient on specific topics.  (Javascript accessibility being another
> key one.)  However, no book is perfect, and so I'm happy just to point
> out to folks "this is Joe's opinion, here's some other links..." and
> go from there.
>
> The good thing is that nearly everyone recognizes that the types of
> actions you can take to make sites incrementally more usable by LD
> users are actions which are generally good for _everyone_.  So there
> is not the resistance you'd expect on this issue out in the "real
> world."  Surprise -- Web designers actually _like_ using graphics!
>
> --Kynn
>
> --
> Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
> Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com