Re: link to us: Is there a recommendation to provide a graphic for external linking? if so where?

Don't ask me what WAI may advocate - I can tell you what they do
advocate because they are advocating it so it isn't really news, and I
can tell you what I, as a single participant, think they should
advocate. I can even often tell you what Sidar advocates WAI do - we
have a group that discusses points we think are interesting in Spanish,
for people who cannot otherwise follow the development of WAI specs and
provide their input.

It seems to me clear that there is a case for providing a visual
identifier for your site as well as a clear text name. This might be
used as a "favicon" (horrible word), used to provide clear and
consistent style, and so forth.

Making this available for others to link to your site would be a
helpful thing to do. In my opinion WAI is perfectly able to say "this
is a key requirement". Other opinions are likely to include that this
is attempting to restrict people's legal right to dispose of their
property (in this case such an image) as they see fit. There are also
likely to be others besides easyJet who will only permit use of the
icon under certain conditions (for that matter, have a look at the
conditions under which people are entitled to use the WAI conformance
icons, bobby icons, W3C validator icons, etc...).

So I can't predict what WAI will end up saying in this case. But I can
predict that if some summary of this discussion isn't presented as a
proposal to the relevant working group - in this case the WCAG group I
think - there is not likely to be any impact on what WAI advocates.

just my 2 cents worth

cheers

Chaals