RE: W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Statement on Web Access Report from UK Disability Rights Commission

> From: David Poehlman
[...]
> At the risk of
> putting myself out of
> a job, while it is true that automated tools cannot do it all
> (without a lot
> of work), For testing against guidelines, you need only
> people who can test
> well whether they are disabled or not.

Maybe off topic, but: I don't think you'll be out of a job, though,
as - while these people can certainly do the testing, and tell you
what's wrong - they cannot (in most cases anyway) tell you how to
fix the problem, what technologies to use, what specific markup you
require in order to achieve better results, etc...just the same
way I can tell if a piece of mass-produced pop music is bad or not,
but couldn't then pick up a set of instruments and a microphone and
make a better record...

But yes, I digress. Sorry folks,

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke