Re: alt size can depend on the specific image (was: RE: Alt has to be short ...)

On 17 Dec, Jewett, Jim J wrote:
 [cc: list trimmed to reflect the fact that this is a mailing-list]

> So as a guideline, try not to take more space with the words
> (even in a large font) than the image would require if it were
> shown.

  That's an odd guideline. It implies that if the image is 100x100
  pixels and I require a 72 pixel large font to be able to read, the ALT
  text should be around two characters long.

--
 Please observe: all communication with Greytower Technologies, regardless
 of intent, means, or medium, are permanently archived in electronic form.