From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of tina@greytower.net
Sent: Monday, 1 December 2003 8:23 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: To be or not to be...an alt tag, that is the question

On  1 Dec, Paul Davis wrote:

> I know, a bit like asking how long is a piece of string, however The
paralympic
> version of the site (oops!! given the game away) has alt tags or to
all you purists
> alternative attributes, that are of a cryptic one word nature. They
cover the mandate,

  If by using the right name for something, be it an ALT attribute or a
  car wheel, makes me a purist, then I will happily admit to being a
  purist.

  Please consider that communication can be inaccessible too, in
  particular if you refer to a spade as a "implement for producing
  holes".

  May I take this opportunity to, again, remind us all that the standard
  for e-mail messages are 77-79 characters per line ? Thankyou.

   [+46] 0708 557 905

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---